anna’s birthday was at the end of january and all she wanted more than anything else in the world was to go out to lunch and a movie with two of her closest friends.
movie: hotel for dogs
six year old girl: blissed out
six random facts about anna right now.
1. she is obsessed with a pair of garage sale rollerskates and rolls all over this house in them every afternoon after school. when there is a friend involved they each take one and roll one footed. the obsession with rolling is moving to a skateboard as well.
2. her favorite foods: pickles, cheese, turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, broccoli, strawberries, pirates booty, sticky rice, spanish rice, ranch dressing
3. she is forever having “coin-slot” issues with her jeans. she came up with the “criss cross applesauce test” wherein she puts her jeans on and sits down cross legged in front of me. i check to see if you can see her bum. usually you can. she wears lots of long shirts to compensate. (just like her dad!)
4. silkie is still a huge part of her day. silkie is a never worn silk (obviously.) robe that i was given as a wedding gift. silkie is a girl. she is referred to as “she”. anna found her when she was just learning to walk, and toddled through-out our home trailing this long ivory silk robe behind her. you would never know what it was in its former life now. and i think she(silkie) is pretty happy about that. i dont think there is any silk robe out there more loved. i need to blog about the time we almost lost her. good story.
5. her favorite person on planet earth is still me. i hope to keep it that way for a good 10-30 more years. daddy is a really close second.
6. her voice, her giggle, her songs, her dances, her hair, her smell, her teeth, nose, ears, chin, her sparkly brown eyes, her kindness, her sass, her pout, her belly, her sense of humor, her neck…are all things so much a part of my day, so intertwined with my own that often i dont know where i end and she begins. she is everything i ever wanted when i was a little girl dreaming about what my children would be. i often think that maybe she knew. and she waited for us. that she picked us, or was given to us because she is exactly what our family needed. i like to think she was waiting for the perfect time to be born. and the perfect time was jan 24, 2003.
and i will bask in the beam of her sunshine love for as long as i am able.